If you are interested to pot a stunning plant in your garden, purple heart plant will be a great inclusion to add colors in mixed form. It is an excellent plant as a ground cover or as a hanging baskets that can enhance the beauty overall,
Purple heart plant is a beautiful hardy perennial plant with a long purple stem. As it’s name reveal, it’s flowers exactly look like a heart. The tender look of purple plant with purple stem produce pinkish- yellowish little flowers that love to bloom in summer. The beautiful flowers are open only in the fresh morning.
Key points :
• Scientific Name : Tradescantia pallida
• Family : Commelinaceae
• Native area : eastern Mexico
• Plant type : perineal
• Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
• Width : 1-3 feet
• Sunlight : Full sun
• Uses: ground covers, hanging containers, outdoor
• Blooming season : summer
• Flowers: pink -yellow
• Leaves- purple
• Propagation: cutting and seed
• Common names : wandering Jew, purple secretia, purple-heart, and purple queen.