Cheerful, charming, soft and shiny are symbols of common Daisy flower. I never met with any flower before which is better then you. you have a cheery yellow center with soft touchy base as a white. The cheering petals are true to reveal your beauty for several months.
You are one of the most familiar and long lived perineal plant. You are recognized as a lawn weed. Many of among us assumes you are a single stem plant but I personally found that you carry multiple of flowers that can grow easily on a single stem also. All together your spoon like leaves and stems with many flowers always gives a fresh feel. The brightest Colors of flowers love to bloom through out the year. The consistency can be seen especially when springs supposed to reach on grounds. You are compatible with wide range of soils. Being perineal plant, you can easily spread via seeds.
Introduction of daisies in the garden to be weeds or flowers is very much individual choice. Mostly people’s wanted to get rid of them. Its more like a unwanted plant. But still it is a flowering plant. Let’s choose and grow more to beautify nature.
Key points :
• Scientific Name : Bellis perennis
• Family : Asteraceae
• Native areas : Europe and North Africa
• Plant type : annual or perineal
• Height : 0.2 m
• Sunlight : Full sun
• Blooming season : summer and springs
• Leaves layouts: round or spoon shaped, 2 to 4 cm long
• Leaves color: pale to green
• Flowers characteristics: white – yellow in color, 2 to 3 cm long
• Water requirements : medium
• Maintenance : average
• Soil conditions : clay, loam and sandy
• Soil drainage : Moist soil
• Propagation : by seed
• Common names : lawn daisy, English daisy, bruisewort, woundwort