Woww…There’s a beautiful marigold in the basket of Nature. Large in size, golden yellow in color, shady green leaves that continues to bloom your garden in full swing. This flower is suppose to add extra positive energy by establishing a strong connection with fertilized and well drained soil that helps to produce a solid and healthy plant. Its clean look and deep green foliage can be seen throughout the year. Boom and wait !!! If you will put this plant under the full sunlight then it will bloom as a big boom flower which let you enjoy it’s full blossom with full of colors. You can grow it as indoor in a container and as a landscape in garden to add more warmth.
Normally, big marigold hold upright as stems and attained a height particularly upto 3 to 4 feet and bloom as clusters of Big flowerhead that has many petals in funnel shaped. The combination of flowers and leaves are symbol of beauty that brings many colors into gardens. All together, leaves and flowers are full of fragrance also.
Key points :
• Scientific Name : Tagetes erecta
• Family : sunflower
• Native areas : Mexico and Central America
• Plant type : annual
• Height : 1 to 4 ft.
• Width : 1 to 2 ft.
• Blooming season : June to Frost
• Blooming colors : yellow, white and orange
• Sun light : Full sun
• Water requirements : medium
• Maintenance : low
• Soil conditions : well drained and moist soil
• Flower type : showy and fragrant
• Main attraction : hummingbirds and flies
• Tolerate : clay soil, deer
• Common names – African Marigold, Mexican Marigold, Aztec Marigold, big marigold, American marigold