A lovely and beautiful pair of red flowers can be easily traced in any small garden or container. It is perfect choice for those who wants to keep this plant as a house plant. Always impeccable if you are simply looking for a plant which can create vibrant and elegance with bright colors or plant that gives strong fragrances, you can have a Geranium- as perfect choice. so let’s know more about this aromatic and beautiful plant.
Pelargonium is an upright, soft and evergreen woody shrub that can easily attain an height about 2 to 3 feet and bloom as a big cluster of flowers for about 3 ½ inches all across. The leaves are soft like valvet, green in color, shaped as heart are very appealing , covered with red glandular hairs on the each stem.
Moreover, if you will observe pelargonium flowers ever, you will find the upper layer of flowers are slightly smaller than the lower layer.
Key points :
• Scientific Name : Pelargonium inquinans
• Family : Geraniaceae
• Native areas : North America, Europe, Asia and Africa
• Plant type : perineal plant
• Height : 2 to 3 feet
• Width : 0.67 to 0.83 feet
• Sunlight : Full sun and sometimes preferred partial shades
• Blooming season : summer and springs
• Flowers color: red
• Water requirements : medium
• Maintenance : average
• Soil conditions : clay, loam and sand
• Soil drainage : dry and acidic soil
• Propagation : by seeds or cutting
• Common names : geranium, pelargonium, garden geranium, zonal geranium, rose geranium, scented leaf geranium, wild geranium, wood geranium, spotted cranesbill, meadow geranium plus many more..